Sunday, May 11, 2008

Folkestone v. Whitstable

Date: Saturday 10 May 2008
Location: Folkestone County Ground
Sides: Folkestone v. Whitstable
Partner: Bob Chappell

First match of the season, played in a very good spirit. A big change from Cheshire, seeing paid players and even some from overseas! Also the fielding circle and over rate were new - I let Bob worry about these mostly this time, as I had enough going on at my end! Four difficult LBWs but I'm confident I got them right. Some very disappointed Folkestone players on a caught behind that came off the arm, but I have to give them as I see them. In the end Folkestone won in the penultimate over after nearly letting Whitstable get away.

Scoring somewhat better, but still hard to keep up. Once bowler changed action while we were moving the sightscreen and someone asked for number of balls and over rate - far too much to do at once!

No improvement suggestions from Bob, who was encouraging.

No comments: